What Information Do We Collect?
- We collect your information when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, give a donation, use our contact form to make an inquiry, fill out other forms, or participate in any another site feature
- When ordering or registering, we ask for your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information, or other information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
- When you use social media widgets, such as the Facebook like buttons, Google+ sharing, and Tweet buttons, your basic social media profile information is collected by our website in order to interact with your social media profile. Note that this information is not saved in our database after the widgets are used.
- Like many websites, we use “cookies” to improve your experience and analyze information about visitors and visits to our website. To learn more about cookies, please refer to the “Third Party Services” section below.
How do we use your information?
- To personalize your experience – your information helps us respond to your individual needs
- To improve our content – we continually improve our videos, written content, campaigns, etc., to better serve your needs and fulfill our mission
- To perform customer service – The phone number and email address that you provide will be used to respond to your customer service requests. Your information also helps us improve customer service.
- To process transactions – Your information helps us complete your purchases and donations. Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, transferred, or exchanged to outside parties without your consent. It will only be used for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service.
- To send periodic emails – We use the email address you provide us in order to send news, updates, campaign promotions, and information about your orders/purchases. You may unsubscribe at anytime from our email sends.
How do we protect visitor information?
Your information is stored in a fully encrypted database. We currently use SHA-256 encryption and Verisign G5. All your data is also protected with world class DDoS protection.
After making a transaction, your private information (credit card details, financials, etc.) is not stored in our servers.
How to Unsubscribe
A link to unsubscribe can be found at the bottom of our periodic emails. This link will allow you to terminate your account. Following termination or deactivation of your Catholic Action for Family and Faith account, our organization may retain your profile information and user content for a reasonable time for archival and analytical purposes. Furthermore, Catholic Action for Family and Faith may retain and continue to use indefinitely all information (including user content) contained in your communications to other users or posted to public or semi-public areas of our websites after termination or deactivation of your account.
Do we disclose information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your email address. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
To enhance your experience, we will occasionally provide third party links and offers on our site. These linked sites have their own separate and independent privacy policies. Therefore, we are in no way responsible or liable for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Third party services
Catholic Action for Family and Faith uses the NationBuilder platform to organize our community of members, supporters and prospects. You can read more about Nationbuilder and its features and polices at NationBuilder.com. When you visit catholicaction.org, NationBuilder may send one or more cookies - a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters - to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser and lets NationBuilder help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through catholicaction.org. A cookie does not collect personal information about you. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser’s directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of catholicaction.org may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled. You can read more about how the NationBuilder service interacts with and protects your information at nationbuilder.com/privacy and nationbuilder.com/confidentiality.
Changes to our policy
Questions and Feedback
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue to [email protected].